The sneaker scene has seen a myriad of changes from its inception decades ago. From classic court shoes to sporty basketball kicks, trends come and go in a cyclical fashion. But no one could really foresee this season’s most popular trend — the ugly “dad” sneaker.
Made popular in the ‘90s, this chunky oversized looking footwear is coming back in style, with models such as adidas Originals x Raf Simons Ozweego trailblazing the path. This marks an interesting twist on the normcore aesthetic that’s made waves in the street style scene, and it’s no surprise that brands such as Balenciaga and even old school sneaker label Fila are jumping on that bandwagon.
Balenciaga’s latest offering happens to be this past fashion week’s biggest hit on the streets. The Triple S sneaker is one chunky pair that boasts stacked soles to give the impression of three different styles layered above one another. But what makes this a star sneaker in our eyes is how it has successfully made the ugly sneaker trend a hit with its clash of colours and textures — this includes white/grey nubuck, yellow leather and a faded pink mesh. Wear it with boyfriend jeans, an asymmetrical skirt or even a pair of denim overalls, making it work is easy peasy with all the street style inspo you can glean from fashion week.
Image credits to ASOS, Getty Images, Standard
Down to cop this pair of badass sneakers for an Insta-worthy #ootd? Here’s where you can buy these sneakers for the lowest price:
As you can see, the base price for a pair of Balenciaga Triple S sneakers is EUR650, and if you’re residing in Japan, it might just set you back at almost an additional EUR100 at EUR743. Why not enlist the help of our Boxers located in France to help score you this cool kicks? Better yet, consolidate your package with indulgent snacks or even other luxury goods that will make your shipping fees worthwhile.
ShopandBox it now!
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!