While Taiwan has a strong food culture and breathtaking sceneries that are worth a trip, there’s more than meets the eye to the small island nation. Fashion wise, we can safely say that Taiwan’s up for contention alongside Korea and Japan. Strongly influenced by trends from both countries, Taiwan’s fashion scene is growing steadily for good reason. From vintage-inspired threads to minimalist silhouettes, these six brands below are available for you to ShopandBox with the help of our Boxers:
Heavily influenced by Japanese evergreen trends, Minis Mode has a healthy mix of oversized, street apparel and dressier, feminine clothes. If your style is simple with a dash of utilitarian-chic, this one’s definitely up your alley. We’re loving the label’s oversized shirts and sweater dresses.
- Orange draped shirt, Minis Mode, TWD1,840, + Add To Wishlist
- Hyacinth blue dress, Minis Mode, TWD1,680, + Add To Wishlist
- Cream corduroy jacket, Minis Mode, TWD2,980, + Add To Wishlist
A sucker for plaids, prints and anything that spells adorable? Lavender TW is made for those who love anything 1) oversized, and 2) cutesy. Think varsity sweatshirts worn with schoolgirl-inspired skirts, oversized knitted scarves worn with boyfriend jeans and more. Get your hands on their checkered jacket and sweaters that will come in handy for fall/winter.
- Checkered jacket, Lavender TW, TWD650, + Add To Wishlist
- Grey sweater, Lavender TW, TWD450, + Add To Wishlist
- Tricoloured scarf, Lavender TW, TWD399, + Add To Wishlist
If the above-mentioned label is known for cute varsity sweatshirts, Dozewear is one to explore for a similar range that spells cool instead. Examples include sizeable denim jackets, graphic printed coats and culotte-trackpant hybrids. Worth mentioning is that dark green men’s kimono jacket that you can wear from day to night.
- Pleated dress, Dozewear, TWD850, + Add To Wishlist
- Kimono cardigan, Dozewear, TWD1,080, + Add To Wishlist
- Knitted coat, Dozewear, TWD700, + Add To Wishlist
Monochromatic fans, where y’all at? SU:MI Said’s collection is likely made for those who aren’t huge on colour, but prefer to splurge on timeless pieces. The label has an uncanny ability to elevate everyday basics, such as a long-sleeved knitted shirt with an asymmetrical hemline, an ankle-length vest-blouse, and uber cool cotton-linen overalls.
- Long sleeved shirt, SU:MI Said, TWD2,700, + Add To Wishlist
- Vest blouse, SU:MI Said, TWD1,600, + Add To Wishlist
- Cotton-linen overalls, SU:MI Said, TWD3,200, + Add To Wishlist
If black and white reads as boring to you, explore Soulsis’ range of apparel that comes in earthy, muted shades. Expect wearables that aren’t exactly your conventional everydaywear, such as plaid wool pants, neutral-hued dresses and high-necked shirts that you can pair with anything and everything.
- Camel wool dress, Soulsis, TWD2,580, + Add To Wishlist
- Cotton skirt, Soulsis, TWD1,880, + Add To Wishlist
- High-necked shirt, Soulsis, TWD3,200, + Add To Wishlist
Love wearing slouchy, loose clothing but want to stay in trend? Take on Leme Studios’ eclectic range of clothes and accessories. Jump on the urban/street trendwagon with gray trousers and pair it with your coolest kicks; or go feminine with a khaki, one-shoulder wraparound dress. Don’t forget to accessorise in tandem—we’re loving their irregular shaped bag and snazzy knitted hats.