Beauty blogger Tricia Young isn’t your average 20-something makeup junkie. The Singaporean beauty influencer is more than meets the eye (along with her enviable stash of eye makeup)—her day job involves providing social services to her country’s ageing population, which isn’t a profession that you come across on a daily basis. If you have yet to follow her on Instagram, hit ‘follow’ to find out more about her monthly makeup favourites along with quick makeup tutorial snippets that you can DIY yourself.
We had a chat with the budding beauty lover to find out what she loves about ShopandBox and her current beauty obsessions:
1. Tell us more about yourself from a professional capacity.
My name is Tricia Young and I am 23 this year. Since graduating from the University of Queensland (AUS) Brisbane in December 2015, I’ve been attached to a local company in my home country, Singapore. I work in a social enterprise, NTUC Health Co-operative, whose primary mission is to provides quality and affordable health and eldercare services to the ageing population in Singapore. I’m am currently HR talent acquisition specialist with NTUC Health working on building strategic ‘pipelines’ for manpower initiatives.
2. How did you become interested in makeup from the start?
My time in university exposed me to the world of beauty when I began to explore a different hobby. I used to play competitive netball but in university was unable to due to the competitive school team training at a further location. I picked up makeup via self-taught means like makeup class I was invited to as well as YouTube. I grew an affinity with many of the YouTubers that I discovered and was drawn to the empowerment being a Beauty Guru gave to women of different cultures, races & religions. To date, that is why I am interested in makeup and still continue to love the craft.
3. What are your beauty obsessions or weaknesses?
This is a tough one but if I had to pick a few, it would definitely be foundations, mascara & highlighters. I think that with those items you can achieve a subtle no-makeup makeup look great for any occasion.
4. How did you find out about ShopandBox?
I Googled several things ranging from ‘how to ship products from USA to Singapore’ and one of the search results was ShopandBox.
Image credits to @trishhyoungg
5. Tell us more about your experience using ShopandBox.
With the current on-going order I have, this would have been my fifth time using the ShopandBox. For purchases from the USA, I always request for Boxer Peaches. She has been a pleasure to work with and we are able to communicate via other mediums such as Instagram which makes the entire process quicker. She has also been an extremely personable friend whom I am able to talk to which makes it an enjoyable experience—pretty much like talking to a pen pal.
6. Why do you use ShopandBox?
It’s a one-stop shop for all things beauty-related (and more too!). It eliminates the hassle of going onto multiple platforms to shop from.
7. Tell us something about a beauty practice or tip that everyone deserves to know about.
Subtle contouring and strobing using cream products look way more natural in daylight (i.e. in real life). I think many people at times go quite crazy with contouring and strobing (especially from what I’ve seen on YouTube), however for the everyday corporate-based adult, it doesn’t work that well with a professional exterior.
Image credits to @trishhyoungg
8. Whom do you follow on social media for great makeup tips?
9. What are the top 3 must-haves that you have in your makeup bag?
Heroine Make Volume and Curl Waterproof Mascara (amazing for asian lashes), NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (great for hooded lids) and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (for obvious reasons).
10. What’s on your wishlist right now?
I’ve already created a ShopandBox order but am lusting for the CoverFX Enhancer Drops in Halo.
11. Are you a makeup or skincare addict?
I wished I was a skincare addict but am definitely a makeup addict at heart.
Watch Tricia Young achieve a sultry golden look with her newly ShopandBox-ed makeup palette in this tutorial:
ShopandBox Tricia Young’s beauty picks from USA:
- Haloscope, Glossier, USD22, + Add To Wishlist
- Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, Anastasia Beverly Hills, USD21, + Add To Wishlist
- Cosmic Metals Lip Cream, NYX, USD7.5, + Add To Wishlist
- Master Palette By Mario, Anastasia Beverly Hills, USD42, + Add To Wishlist
- Enhancer Drops – Halo, Cover FX, USD42, + Add To Wishlist
Get Started in less than 10 seconds
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!