Got leftovers from yesterday’s major party to store away in your refrigerator? Before you reach out to that roll of cling wrap or box of resealable plastic bags, rethink that small (yet important) step by opting for greener alternatives.
Instead of cling-wrapping bowls of food, why not transfer food into hardy food containers that you can wash and reuse for another time? Every step is crucial in ending the #plasticpollution that’s plaguing our planet – especially our oceans. Below, opt for sustainable food storage methods from UK, USA and Japan:
- Reusable Silicone Covers, Food Huggers, GBP12.95, + Add To Wishlist: Reusable silicone covers area great way to keep your fruits and veggies fresh for an extended period of time.
- Silicone Bowl Covers, Ganjoy, GBP10.99, + Add To Wishlist: If you have already sliced up those fruits and vegetables, keep them airtight with these silicone bowl covers that will save you time from looking for a container to store them in.
- Round Pan Airtight Silicone Stopper, Charles Viancin, GBP10, + Add To Wishlist: Better yet, Charles Viancin’s silicone stoppers can be used while cooking, re-heating or even storing your food anywhere, anytime.
- Silicone Cling Film Food Wraps, Fyuan, GBP8.99, + Add To Wishlist: Those who love cling wrap can use the sustainable silicone version of this plastic film without harming the planet or adding to your pile of trash.
- Little Bites Silicone Storage, Kinderville, USD13.21, + Add To Wishlist: Try using silicone storage containers from Kinderville to keep leftovers instead of ziploc plastic bags and the like.
- Kitchen Stainless Steel Food Storage Containers, Tavva, USD27, + Add To Wishlist: Alternatively, you can also opt for stainless steel containers if you’re looking for reusable and non-toxic options for meal storage.
- Sustainable Food Storage, Bees Wrap, USD18, + Add To Wishlist: If you can’t get over your cling wrap just yet, use reusable cling wrap options such as Bee’s Wrap’s sustainable version that’s made of beeswax, organic cotton, organic jojoba oil and tree resin.
- Insulated Lunch Bag, Luntus, JPY855, + Add To Wishlist: You can’t go wrong with reusable lunch bags when it comes to taking away your mid-day meal. Pack your lunches with Luntus’ insulated lunch bags that you can bring for picnics or anywhere else for that matter.
- Feast Lunch Jar, Thermos, JPY2,631, + Add To Wishlist: Thermos’ Feast Lunch Jar is perfect to keep your food warm by lunchtime too, especially if you’ve got side dishes to add to your meal.
- Cedar Wood Bento Box, Bento & Co, JPY3,000, + Add To Wishlist: Old-school foodies can always go with a classic Bento box to segregate food in neat proportions too. How chic is this cedar wood box from Bento & Co?
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!