The modest fashion trend has been gaining traction as of late, with major brands such as Dolce & Gabbana and Max Mara releasing clothing articles targeted for the young, fashion-savvy Muslim crowd. But regardless of its religious sentiment, the modest fashion movement is one that we think will stay for long — merely because it serves as a symbol of female empowerment. After all, class is often best served without the need to bare more skin than necessary.
Whether billowy silhouettes that graze the ankle or neck-skimming tops with long sleeves, there’s a certain charm that modest fashion imbue. Below, we explored seven modest fashion labels that are worth exploring for its fashion-forward designs that will make you rethink what it means to “cover up”:
London-based fashion retailer Aab offers a range of contemporary modest wear for those who love ethically-produced, high-quality staples in seasonal shades. We’re loving the Samarkand jumpsuit with blue detailing on the top and cuffs.
- Samarkand Jumpsuit, Aab Collection, GBP95, + Add To Wishlist
- Shirted Kimono Peach, Aab Collection, GBP65, + Add To Wishlist
- Long Shirt Blue Chambray, Aab Collection, GBP69.99, + Add To Wishlist
If you’re a fan of neutral colour palettes and languid silhouettes, Biah’s range of abayas and modest wear might be tailored just for you. From cape coats and palazzo pants to tulle tunics, Biah’s pieces are perfect for day-to-night outfit transitions.
- Cyra, Biah, GBP42, + Add To Wishlist
- Tulila, Biah, GBP32, + Add To Wishlist
- Azara, Biah, GBP38, + Add To Wishlist
Founded in 2013, Taller Marmo’s known for its use of innovative techniques and premium materials. The brand’s aesthetic is print-heavy with a touch of kitsch, and all of its clothes are crafted in Italy. Whether you’re looking for a statement jacket or snazzy skirts that are perfect for layering, Taller Marmo won’t disappoint.
- Jeans Jacket, Taller Marmo, EUR465, + Add To Wishlist
- Immenso Pants, Taller Marmo, EUR348, + Add To Wishlist
- Petra Top, Taller Marmo, EUR365, + Add To Wishlist
Dhela was founded by the same creative director of Issa London, and currently has a clientele that includes the Duchess of Cambridge. If you love kaftans but have a hard time finding one that’s formal instead of island-appropriate, Dhela offers a myriad of options from silk chiffon to caped variations.
- Caped Kaftan, Dhela, GBP542.5, + Add To Wishlist
- White Laced Long Sleeved Dress, Dhela, GBP518.33, + Add To Wishlist
- Deep V Printed Dress, Dhela, GBP792.5, + Add To Wishlist
Turkish label Mimya offers modest fashion that’s made for all occasions, whether belted shirtdresses for the workplace or printed maxi tunics for the weekend. The brand recently showed during the first London Modest Fashion Week earlier this February as well. Favourites that we like include a a ruffled dress that’s perfect for formal occasions, and bell-sleeved tunic top in a lovely shade of red.
- Elbise Dress, Mimya, TRY295,20, + Add To Wishlist
- Tunik Top, Mimya, TRY231.2, + Add To Wishlist
- Etek Shirt, Mimya, TRY311,20, + Add To Wishlist
Louella’s back story is rather interesting—the modest fashion label is founded by American Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, who happened to be the first American athlete to win an Olympic medal in hijab. We’re crushing on the wide range of womenswear pieces it has, from dressy jumpsuits to vintage-inspired cardigans. Don’t forget to check out the lookbook for ways to style your ensemble.
- Glitz Onai Jumpsuit, Louella Shop, USD85, + Add To Wishlist
- Dark Art Empire Dress, Louella Shop, USD65, + Add To Wishlist
- Retro Stripe Maxi Cardigan, Louella Shop, USD45, + Add To Wishlist
American label Mimu Maxi was created by sisters-in-law Mimi and Mushky, who wanted to cater clothing for their Chassidic community and beyond. Here you can find chic, minimalist designs that are modest in hemlines and necklines.
- Frock Lemonade, Mimu Maxi, USD56, + Add To Wishlist
- Draw Dress, Mimu Maxi, USD128, + Add To Wishlist
- Skirt Leggings, Mimu Maxi, USD48, + Add To Wishlist
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!