Whoever said you can’t go out in your jammies has got it sorely wrong — loungewear can be rocked out on the streets easily. From silky pajama tops reminiscent of your boyfriend’s well-worn shirt to versatile slip dresses you can wear from day to night, here are five loungewear trends for you to stay comfortable all day long:
An easy way to make sure you don’t look like you literally just got out of bed is with these printed options. Go for a plethora of motifs on your pajama shirts and bottoms, plus you can pull off either as separates—either with your most flattering jeans or with a plain white tee.
- Rosa Rosa Cotton Pyjamas, Yolke, GBP60, + Add To Wishlist: Yolke’s cotton pajamas is made from the softest cotton poplin, and can be monogrammed if you’re looking to gift someone dear to you.
- Suku Raindrops Pyjama, Suku, AUD180, + Add To Wishlist: We love this piece that comes with a mandarin collar, wide-hemmed sleeves and matching culotte pants with an elasticised band.
- Yellow Dot Blazera, Asceno, GBP525, + Add To Wishlist: Asceno’s latest blazer from the AW18 collection doesn’t come cheap, but it’s worthy every cent. It is made of washed silk and printed with geometric motifs for a statement look.
Don’t have the time to ponder and choose an outfit every morning? Here’s a style tip: Go with a slip dress, or any one-piece that you can amp up with chic accessories. Slips are languid, breezy and timeless — you can wear it with a blazer, khaki jacket or on its own for effortless ease.
- Washable Silk Dress, Lunya, USD198, + Add To Wishlist: One look at Lunya’s silk dress and we’re vying for this in every colour imaginable. Made of thermoregulating silk, the slip comes with a double-layered fabric at the bust for discretion and a left-side slit for ease of movement.
- Celia Kaftana, Sleepy Jones, USD289, + Add To Wishlist: The Celia kaftan is made of Italian linen and works as the perfect poolside outfit during summers. Plus, it’s got roomy pockets to store your essentials!
- Daydreamer Jacquard Slip Dress, Cloroom, USD79, + Add To Wishlist: If you’re looking for a subtle statement, go with Cloroom’s 100% mulberry silk jacquard slip dress that comes with unicorn and star constellations embroidery.
Animal motifs seem to be all the rage these days, with bee-emblazoned bags to animal printed Hawaiian shirts. So why not translate this trend to your loungewear pieces? We suggest pairing it with other minimal separates to let the prints take centre stage.
- Jagu Dress-robe, Morv, GBP459, + Add To Wishlist: Morv’s new silk crepe dress-robe comes with an embroidered jaguar head with matching cuffs and a belt. How dramatic is that ankle-skimming length?
- Bella Robe, Morph x Luna, GBP1,137, + Add To Wishlist: Made from linen and cupro, this robe can be worn as a jacket or as a lightweight cover-up. It features prints designed from artist Tom Gallant, inspired by the tropical island of Réunion.
- Alba Rina Nightshirt Set, Olivia and Halle, GBP355, + Add To Wishlist: Olivia and Halle’s Alba Rina set references the impeccable tailoring and design of London’s Savile Row. Wear the top with cigarette pants and loafers and you’re good to go!
Comfort is key
This trend is one for those who’d eschew style for comfort any day. Nothing beats lounging in your most comfortable slub tee or nubby sweater, especially throughout the day.
- Sleep Tee Set, Recliner, USD105, + Add To Wishlist: Wear this set at home and out. It is made of soft, moisture-wicking bamboo jersey to keep you cool no matter the weather.
- Organic Cotton Men’s Weight, Noctu, GBP30, + Add To Wishlist: A good white tee can take you to places, such as this 100% organic wide tee that can be worn with shorts, pants or jeans.
- Swing Sleeper Tot, Recliner, USD65, + Add To Wishlist: If a plain white tee doesn’t cut it for you, this button-down pajama top is a chic update to your wardrobe. We like the slip lapel and plunging neckline for a modern look.
The best kind of jammies are the classic ones — case in point, boyfriend shirts, satin tops, languid pants; you get the gist. Try these out for a timeless look that can’t go wrong, no matter the season.
- Marshmallow Silk Day Dress, Yolke, GBP255, + Add To Wishlist: Yolke’s silk satin shirt dress can be worn in a myriad of ways, whether unbuttoned for a summer day out, or with a belt over jeans for warmer days.
- Silk Boyfriend Sleep Shirt, Nud Wear, USD150, + Add To Wishlist: Nud’s bestselling boyfriend shirt is reimagined in charmeuse silk lycra blend, making it ultra flattering and sexy at the same time.
- Powder Blue Wide Leg Trousers, Asceno, GBP265, + Add To Wishlist: Asceno’s powder blue trousers are made for you to wear from the bedroom to the bar. We like the handmade black piping detailing along with the wide legged look that makes it an absolute classic.
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
Featured image: Lunya