It’s the day before Christmas eve and you haven’t gotten round to figuring out what dessert you’ll be baking for your Christmas eve dinner gathering, no thanks to a busy week of gift-shopping and holiday planning. Before you even reach that stage (no-dessert crisis), it’s best to shop ahead of time and plan your recipes accordingly.
If you intend to show off your baking chops with a tray of delectable gingerbread cookies or a loaf of fruit cake, why not ShopandBox some bakeware from the USA for that special occasion? A hardy and trustworthy baking mold and pan can go a long way, especially with ensuring that your baked goods turn out beautifully in the oven.
Here are a few places you can ShopandBox from:
Williams-Sonoma is a great place to get your bakeware and kitchen utensils from, as it features a few brands on the site, from Le Creuset and Nordic Ware to Emile Henry and their house label. A few useful products include the Nordic Ware bundt cake pan, marble pastry board, and tartlet baking set. Prices being at USD 13+ for a muffin pan to USD 40+ for a bakeware set.
You might think that Bed Bath & Beyond only would offer houseware goods, as its name suggests, but they have a wide range of bakeware and baking tools you can ShopandBox easily, thanks to a bigger variety of brands they carry. Prices begin at USD 1.99 for a cookie cutter and can go up to USD 260 for ceramic cookware sets.
If you aren’t fussy about branded bakeware and utensils that you have in your kitchen, check out Walmart and Target for amazing steals on bakeware sets that wouldn’t cost you an arm and leg apiece for a CorningWare dish.
Another tip we have for you Shoppers is that ShopandBox-ing for larger items as such may allow for small hidden spaces in your box that you can fill up with other smaller makeup items! This is at no extra shipping charges as well, since you are already paying for a box to ship your bakeware and utensils altogether. For more information on how to maximise your shipping fees, read our article here!
And because there’s nothing better than greeting guests with the aroma of freshly baked X’mas cookies, here’s our favourite Honey Gingerbread cookie recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart for you to try out with your new bakeware!
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- Royal Icing for Gingerbread Cookies
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and molasses. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Divide dough into 3 portions, and wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a generously floured piece of parchment, roll dough to a scant 1/4 inch thick. Brush off excess flour. Slide dough and parchment onto a baking sheet, and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Cut out desired shapes. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 6 minutes. Remove sheets from oven, and tap them firmly on counter to flatten cookies. Return tooven, rotating sheets, and bake until crisp but not darkened, 6 to 8 minutes more. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
- Spoon icing into a pastry bag fitted with a very small plain round tip (such as Ateco #0 or #1). Pipe designs on cookies. Let cookies stand at room temperature until set, at least 2 hours (preferably overnight).
Get Started in less than 10 seconds:
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days* wherever you are in the world!
*if you opt for DHL Express