There is nothing more inspiring than fascinating back stories of our trove of Shoppers from across the globe. Today’s beauty beat is all about makeup lover, engineering student and budding beauty YouTuber Farrah Najwa, who’s currently residing in Japan. The Malaysian student loves nothing more than to vlog about her beauty tips and tricks, makeup hauls, alongside colour swatches on her YouTube channel.
As the Raya weekend is just around the corner, Farrah demonstrates an utterly pretty rose-gold inspired beauty look that you can achieve with the help of beauty items from the USA.
1. Tell us more about yourself from a professional capacity.
Hi my name is Farrah! I’m turning 24 this year. I’m from Malaysia but currently studying in Japan. I’m a mechanical engineering student who loves makeup (also a newbie YouTuber).
2. How did you become interested in makeup?
I always enjoyed watching makeup tutorials on YouTube — it was a way to de-stress for me. Before watching YouTube videos, I had only one of each: foundation, mascara, lipstick and eyeliner. Now, on the contrary, I have too many! YouTube exposed me to the world of beauty and I found myself a new hobby. Since then, I really enjoy doing makeup after picking it up.
3. What is your beauty obsession or weakness?
I’d say liquid lipsticks and highlighters. I have so many of these two but I cannot resist myself from buying new releases. I honestly don’t know how I would live without them (dramatic, I know).
4. How did you find out about ShopandBox?
I found ShopandBox through Sunny Dahye‘s Youtube videos. I’ve been looking for a reliable shopping service (that wouldn’t put a dent in my wallet) to buy products from abroad for quite some time now. I’m glad I came across ShopandBox.
Image by Farrah Najwa
5. What is your experience with ShopandBox like?
I have purchased items through ShopandBox twice — both times via Boxer Leia. She is super helpful and always gives me candies! I’m super thankful for the impeccable service I’ve received.
6. Why do you use ShopandBox?
Mainly, because it’s quite hard to get USA-based makeup products here in Japan. It is also always cheaper to buy it directly from the US.
7. Please share a local beauty practice or tip that everyone deserves to know about.
Making a facial pack out of lemon juice and coconut water can hydrate your skin and leave it feeling soft and fresh. If you have dry skin, you can add a little bit of honey to the mixture for an extra kick of moisture. Coconut water has hydration properties that can nourish the skin from inside out with a host of nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
8. Whom do you follow on Instagram for great makeup tips and gorgeous flatlays?
I highly encourage everyone to follow Jaclyn Hill, Kathleen Lights, Huda Kattan, and Sunny Dahye. They’re so talented! Also, follow Trendmood1 and Dupethat on Instagram for latest makeup updates and deals. You won’t regret it.
9. What are the top three must-haves in your makeup bag?
Sunscreen, liquid lipstick and mascara.
10. What’s on your wishlist?
Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation and Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow.
11. Would you say that you are a makeup or skincare addict?
I’d say more of a makeup addict but I’ve been super into skincare products as of late.
12. Any advice for budding makeup enthusiasts or female engineer-to-bes?
I am a firm believer that there is more to life than limiting yourself based on stereotypes. In my field, there are plenty of stereotypes that females working in the technical world do not care about their looks, and even people who belittle those who actually enjoy dressing up. I think it really is a personal choice, and I don’t believe that you need to succumb to those stereotypes. Just do what you like to do. Everyone is different!
Get Farrah’s delicate pink-gold makeup look (perfect for Raya) here:
ShopandBox Farrah’s beauty picks from USA:
- Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick, Ofra, USD9.99, + Add To Wishlist
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, Stila, USD14, + Add To Wishlist
- Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer, Tarte, USD20, + Add To Wishlist
- Kyshadow The Burgundy Palette, Kylie Cosmetics, USD42, + Add To Wishlist
- Benefit Cosmetics Cheek Parade Palette, Benefit Cosmetics, USD49, + Add To Wishlist
Follow Farrah on her YouTube channel.
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!