It’s that time of the year again, when an abundance of cookies and snacks are exchanged between friends and family. You can’t deny that these snacks are perhaps the bane of our extra few pounds that we’ve gained throughout Chinese New Year. But hey, it’s only once a year that you can indulge in crispy palmiers and pineapple jam tarts. If you’ve been craving some really awesome snacks from Hong Kong, you’re in time for a treat, as Boxer Eunice from Hong Kong has laid out all her favourites here below. From local delicacies to the usual tourist hotspots, here’s where you can ShopandBox your CNY snack spread from:
1. Cookie Quartet: If you are a cookie lover but enjoy these treats with a slight twist such as chocolate-dipped strawberry jam filled ones, or even a healthy Five-Grain cookie, this brand is perfect for you. They also have Palmiers that blend Eastern and Western flavours such as shredded coconut with sesame—the ideal snack to go with tea!
2. Blesscuit Bakery: Ever tried a “Blue Lobster” cookie made with local dried shrimp and premium Sakura shrimp? Get this limited edition flavour along with plenty of other nontraditional and traditional cookies i.e. smoked ham, truffle, butter, cookie that are wrapped prettily in colourful packaging from this brand.
3. Kee Wah Bakery: A traditional local favourite that offers more than 500 varieties of Chinese snacks and pastries, Boxer Eunice swears by Kee Wah Bakery’s Chinese New Year snacks, from puff pastries to handmade nougats.
4. Jenny’s Bakery: Find buttery and soft cookies that melt in your mouth from Jenny’s Bakery – these make the perfect CNY gifts and late night snacks.
5. May’s Cookies: This brand also has Valrhona chocolate dipped Palmiers for sweet tooths out there, or how about ShopandBoxing their assorted cookie box to try one of every flavour?
6. Chef Nic Cookies by Nicolas Tse: The Hong Kong heartthrob has been making a scene in the F&B industry. His cookies sell out on a regular basis, if you didn’t know already, and 2016’s new flavours include kumquat, prawn cracker, coffee and sesame.
1 . Wah Yuen: You can’t go wrong with local Hong Kong delicacies from Wah Yuen – we’re talking licorice sweet plum candy, butter Love Letters/wafers, and shrimp peanuts.
2. Lemon King: For those whose choice of snack includes sour, pickled varieties, go crazy with Lemon King’s preserved snacks such as dried plums, licorice lemon peel, and others (crunchy banana chips and cashews).
3. Dai Pai Dong Products: If you’re a fan of strong milk teas found at roadside stalls in the streets of Hong Kong, Dai Pai Dong’s instant 3-in-1 milk tea is now available for you to bring along and have a cuppa, wherever you go!
Have plenty more questions regarding the snack scene in Hong Kong? Holler out to your Boxer from Hong Kong for insiders tips and secret snack brands that you might not have heard of. ShopandBox your food haul today for it to be sent by Chinese New Year this February!
Get Started in less than 10 seconds:
- Sign in/sign up to ShopandBox.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist!
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!