For us, there’s nothing as exciting as spotting a popular social influencer who ShopandBoxes their favourite items from abroad to add to their Insta-worthy flatlays. This week, we sought inspiration from the ultra-talented lifestyle Instagrammer Charlene of @DearChar_. Based in Malaysia, Charlene has the innate ability (in the form of exceptional photography skills) to make every cup of coffee, potted plant, and cafe exterior look beautiful enough to pose with.
Hence, we thought it fitting to have her curate a list of best homeware picks to ShopandBox from her favourite country – Australia! Charlene guest writes this week’s blog post with stylish home & kitchen add-ons from Kmart, Thankyou and Ushamama:
When it comes to chic and trendy homeware, Australia is one of my favourite countries to shop from. From larger retailers like Kmart and Target, one stop shops like Resident GP and The Gathered Store, to smaller boutique brands like Ushamama, there’s no shortage of choices for homeware aficionados out there. The best part? They do not come with a hefty price tag. In fact my entire haul did not add up to more than a $100!
If you’re wanting to give your home a minimalist/fun makeover, here’s eight products you can ShopandBox with the best bang of your buck:
1. Marble Patterned Canister, Kmart, AUD5, + Add To Wishlist: Store and organise snacks, condiments and other food using this stylish marble-patterned canister. It is equipped with a silicone ring, making it airtight and ideal for food storage.
2. Cement Candle, Kmart, AUD9, + Add To Wishlist: Create a warm and welcoming environment in your living space by lighting this candle, encapsulated in a cement holder.
3. Washable Paper Bag, Kmart, AUD6, + Add To Wishlist: Keep your stationery items organised or dress up your potted plants with this washable paper bag
4. Trent Print Quilt Cover Set, Kmart, AUD14 onwards, + Add To Wishlist: This modern design quilt with a grey and white square pattern is sophisticated, cool and reversible. I love that the home decor collection in Kmart seems to get better every season! It’s chic, on-trendy, and best of all, cheap – what more could we ask for really?
5. Washable Metallic Bag in various sizes, Uashmama, AUD22, + Add To Wishlist: The perfect organic storage solution that look great anywhere with everything. With time the laminate will soften and wear creating a foil like effect. Every Uashmama purchase directly supports an artisan community of Italian seamstresses as the bags are hand-sewn in a cottage in Tuscany.
6. Botanical Geranium & Rosewood Hand Cream, Thankyou, AUD6.5, + Add To Wishlist: Thankyou is an Australian social enterprise. By buying their products, you’re literally changing the world by helping provide access to hygiene, sanitation, and food programs across 16 countries. Show your skin some love with this super-smooth hand cream contains amazing essential oils together with cocoa & shea butter to nourish and hydrate your hands.
7. Nut & Chia Gluten Free Bar, Thankyou, AUD5, + Add To Wishlist: A tasty and healthy breakfast on-the-go, packed with superfoods like quinoa, linseeds and chia seeds – all the good stuff in one bar!
8. Brass Coloured Tray, Kmart, AUD7, + Add To Wishlist: Use this sleek brass tray to organise accessories, beauty products, stationery items, and anything at all really! Also works great as a display piece.
Check out Charlene’s Instagram account here for more visually-appealing images along with her ShopandBox order. If you’re interested in decorating your home space, Charlene has also curated two other shopping guides – party picks from the US here and her favourite stationery from Korea here.
Get Started in less than 10 seconds:
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!