Apart from Stan Smiths and old-school Vans, there are a ton of sneaker brands out there that are worth your penny. Functional as they are fashionable, French sneaker brands are our new favourites for its stylish look that can elevate your daytime ensemble easily. From luxe Lanvin kicks to sustainable shoe company Veja, here are our seven recommended brands:
No brand is as quintessentially French as Sézane. Founded by Morgane Sézalory in 2008, the label is based 100% online without any intermediaries. It’s easy breezy to score stylish pieces from the e-store without having to scour through racks in the store. Sézane launches 4 main collections annually alongside capsule collections. We love the Jack sneakers—all leather, sleek and chic enough to wear from day to night.
In case you wanted to get sneakers but don’t like the idea of man-made or vegan leather, check out Veja—the French brand that’s entirely made in Brazil. The eco-friendly shoe brand is a favourite of celebrities, from Marion Cotillard (quoted to be her favourite brand after Dior) and Emma Watson. But the brand differs from others in terms of its green status: Its main aim is to avoid the use of unnecessary resources. All its materials are sustainably made and used—from its cotton grown at small-scale farms, to silk woven and dyed in a century-old factory.
For a quiet sense of refined chic, Agnes B is your go-to for its no-nonsense, Parisian cool aesthetic. If you didn’t know yet, the French label is known for its buttoned cardigans and striped shirts, along with dressing celebs such as John Travolta and Uma Thurman for the film Pulp Fiction. Apart from its dungarees, overalls and pinafores, we also love its footwear options from leather and suede sneakers to classic derbies.
No French sportswear logo is as well-known as the rooster-branded trademark of Le Coq Sportif. Founded in 1882 by Émile Camuset, the rooster logo is derived from the Gallic rooster, a national symbol of France. Le Coq Sportif is known for inventing the sweatsuit, and has collaborated with various brands and artists alike, including Nike, Jun Watanabe, and Guerlain. Want to stand out from the crowd? Get your hands on the furry pair from the brand’s joint collab with Starcow.
If you love French music duo Daft Punk, you’d love Maison Kitsuné for both its electronic/indie rock sounds and contemporary design. The first of its kind in the world, Maison Kitsuné is a electronic music record label and fashion label—especially well-recognised in Japan thanks to its co-founder Masaya Kuroki. The house’s designs are focused on comfort and simplicity with the occasion splash of colours and prints, keeping French savoir-faire in mind. On our radar is their canvas sneakers with gilded rivets and that unmistakable logo on the shoe’s back sole and tongue.
We love a pair of kicks that feels like second skin while retaining a stylish aesthetic. Asfvlt (pronounced as “asphalt”) is the brand that has both concepts in mind in their range of footwear. Relatively new in the market after its launch in 2013, it’s known for its Super Tech ultra light sneakers with a Phylon sole and seams fully glued.
The oldest fashion house in France isn’t just recognised for its fluid, jersey dresses (made popular by former womenswear creative director Alber Elbaz)—its sneakers are a favourite of Silicon Valley’s crop of young entrepreneurs. If you’re looking for seriously chic sneakers that will earn you some street cred, Lanvin’s luxurious range that come in nappa leather and lambskin will be up your alley.
ShopandBox our top 7 picks from these French sneaker brands:
- Asfvlt City Run in Autumn, Asfvlt, EUR54.5, + Add To Wishlist
- Maison Kitsuné Canvas Sneakers, Maison Kitsuné, EUR150, + Add To Wishlist
- Le Coq Sportif Charline Nubuck, Le Coq Sportif, EUR75, + Add To Wishlist
- Agnes B White Come Sneakers, Agnes B, EUR195, + Add To Wishlist
- Veja Wata Suede Camel, Veja, EUR90, + Add To Wishlist
- Lanvin Burgundy Sneakers in Nappa Lamb Leather, Lanvin, EUR450, + Add To Wishlist
- Sezane Jack Sneakers, Sezane, EUR110, + Add To Wishlist
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!