Ardent Android fans out there who are patiently anticipating the release of Google’s Nexus 5X and 6P, it’s now been LAUNCHED!
Here’s how you can ShopandBox the 5X and 6P even if your country does not have a Google store –
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links below!
- This will automatically add the item(s) into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer (Personal Shopper) in the country you want to shop from
- Your box gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days* wherever you are in the world
*under 16 USD for 3 day express shipping from the US if you’re in Spore or Malaysia
WHERE IS THE NEXUS CHEAPEST?
We’ve also done the price research and it’ll be cheapest for you to ShopandBox your Nexus unit from the US followed by Korea, Hong Kong and Japan.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COSTS TO SHIP IT TO MY DOORSTEP?
Our Boxers (Personal Shoppers) will be able to shop and ship this phone to wherever you are in the world. The service fee ranges between 12 -13% (on cost of item) depending on which model you decide to purchase, head over to our rates page to find our more.
For Shoppers in Singapore and Malaysia, we use DHL Express as a shipping partner which means you will get your phone to your doorstep in just 3 days.
US to Singapore/Malaysia: 16 USD
Korea to Singapore/Malaysia: 10 USD /15 USD
Hong Kong to Singapore/Malaysia: 10 USD /11 USD
Japan to Singapore/Malaysia: 12 USD / 9 USD
Australia to Singapore/Malaysia: 12 USD / 9 USD
WILL IT WORK IN MY COUNTRY?
The best thing is that the Nexus 5X and 6P is that the US version of this phone supports all major GSM and LTE bands that are compatible with mobile networks in Singapore and Malaysia. In layman’s terms, if you buy this from the US, it’s going to work if you are in Singapore or Malaysia. For more info on bands, check out Android Police.
GET TO KNOW THE 5X
Released on September 29, 2015, Nexus 5X (built by LG) is smaller than the 6P, and comes in colours that you can pick from: carbon, quartz, ice blue. Here are some specs of the phone:
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processors: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, 2.0 GHz hexa-core 64-bit
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3
- Internal Storage: 16 or 32GB
- Display: 5.2 inches FHD (1920×1080) LCD at 424ppi
- Cameras: 12.3MP rear, 5MP front
- Dimensions: 147 x 72.6 x 7.9mm
- Base price: begins at USD 379
Notable details include “Nexus Imprint” fingerprint sensors on the back of the device that will turn on and unlock with one touch, plus the micro USB Type-C port that can apparently charge the phone twice as fast as the iPhone 6Plus.
GET TO KNOW THE 6P
The Huawei-built Nexus 6P is the bigger, badder version of its brother, made from anodized aluminium with colour options of frost white, aluminum, and graphite (gold is rumored to be a Japanese-only release).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processors: Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32, 64 or 128GB
- Display: 5.7-inch WQHD AMOLED display, 1440p resolution
- Cameras: 12.3MP rear with f/2.0 aperture, 8MP front with f/2.4 aperture
- Base prices: begin at USD 499
When you’ve submitted your ShopandBox orders online, our Boxers will be able to secure the unlocked versions of these devices from Google Store instead of phone carrier stores. The Nexus 5X and 6P will be shipped out in October, with pre-orders available now from USA, UK, Ireland, Korea and Japan. These are countries where we have Boxers (Personal Shoppers) in so shop away, although off the bat, it will be cheapest for you to buy the Nexus from the US, followed by KOREA, HK, JAPAN, AUST, UK, FRANCE.
HOW DOES WARRANTY WORK IF I BUY IT THROUGH SHOPANDBOX?
The phone comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty and you can add an additional 2-year of protection coverage from accidental damage for 89 USD. This means that at a minimum, you are able to send your phone back to your Boxer if something should go wrong within the 1 year mark. Also, you may be able to find a local Hua Wei or LG service centre should you not want to send your phone back to your Boxer.
WHEN WILL THE PHONE START SHIPPING?
The phones start to ship around 3rd week of October if you buy it from the US store through our Boxers. And the 50 USD playstore credit is available should you pre-order by October 25th 2015.