For Mother’s Day this year, we thought to celebrate mummies and all their effort in raising their brood with dedication (by that we mean lots of sleepless nights). Take inspiration from Boxer Donia‘s curated list of gifts you can get from Korea to spoil yourself and your lil one, or Instagrammer Emma Lauren’s tips on throwing a pretty high-tea session for mum.
But if you wanna go a step further and host a party, why not host a special gathering for you and your kids this Mother’s Day? We spoke to Brisbane vlogger and young mum Ash Jackson for tips of throwing the ultimate mother-and-kid gathering, and she came up with a charming picnic in the woods that you can DIY on your own.
Sneak a peek at Ash Jackson’s take on throwing a mum-and-bub picnic in a backyard:
Ash got some help from Boxers Nerissa from UK and Yan from USA on stocking party-ready supplies for her picnic. As her picnic’s theme is rustic meets whimsical, items she ShopandBoxed include a chic gold terrarium, a vintage jewellery box, a mirrored tray and herringbone blanket. For a spread that’s decadent enough for mum yet edible for bub, she scored refreshing tea blends and traditional butter cookies alongside an assortment of chocolates from See’s Candies.
In case you’re now inspired to put together a picture-perfect gathering like Ash Jackson did, here are some tips from the lifestyle YouTuber herself on how you can ace it without a hassle:
1. What are your tips on throwing a picture-perfect mum and bub gathering at home?
Try and incorporate elements that make the event personal to you and your little ones, so the party or gathering is a reflection of you. This might be incorporating your children’s favourite colours or keepsakes or playing some music that you all enjoy. Don’t forget to make the space comfortable as well so you can just chill out and enjoy each other’s company!
2. Ideas on making the gathering enjoyable for both mother and bub?
I tried to make my Mother’s Day picnic a little bit magical by bringing in some super cute little cupcakes with edible glitter, twinkle lights, a music box and loads of sweet treats for the children and myself to enjoy. The kids were so excited to look at and talk about the decor so we all enjoyed chatting about the elements they each loved the most.
3. What is your favourite item off your ShopandBox orders from USA and UK, and why?
It’s too hard to choose! But I think I’d have to say the White Chocolate Mint Tea from The Bluebird Tea Company from the UK. Aside from it being incredibly yummy, the fact that my Boxer Nerissa suggested it to me because she knew I’d like it makes it such a pleasant surprise. The Boxers at ShopandBox really know their business!
4. How will you be celebrating Mother’s Day this year?
We haven’t actually decided yet, but I’d love to go somewhere outdoorsy and scenic like a bush walk or mountain hike. We love being outdoors and spending quality time together and it is always nice to go somewhere with a great view.
5. What is a site or online platform you’ve always wanted to shop from for party essentials?
Even though they’re not always online, American department stores seem to have everything. I’ll often watch fellow mummy vloggers from the U.S. showing off their amazing Target and Walmart hauls with things that you just can’t find here in Australia without having to search high and low or succumb to paying ridiculously over-inflated prices. It would be nice to have that kind of variety here.
ShopandBox Ash Jackson’s party-ready essentials here:
- Threshold Geometric Terrarium Gold, Target, USD21.24, + Add To Wishlist
- West Elm Shadow Box, West Elm, USD41, + Add To Wishlist
- Soft Center Chocolate Assortment, See’s Candies, USD19.9, + Add To Wishlist
- Eau de Parfum Spray, Chloé, USD66.99, + Add To Wishlist
- Blythe Jewellery Box Collection Vintage, Pottery Barn, USD23.19, + Add To Wishlist
- Round Mirrored Tray, Zara Home, GBP29.99, + Add To Wishlist
- Skinny Minny Tea, Blue Bird Tea Company, GBP16.5, + Add To Wishlist
- White Choc Mint Tea, Blue Bird Tea Company, GBP18.9, + Add To Wishlist
- Traditional Biscuits, Harrods, GBP9.5, + Add To Wishlist
- Cheek to Chic Blusher – Love Glow, Charlotte Tilbury, GBP29.99, + Add To Wishlist
- Blanket With Black & White Herringbone, Zara Home, GBP29.99, + Add To Wishlist
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!