The latest diet that’s making headlines for the right reasons is the ketogenic diet. The difference between a keto diet and any other fad diets out there is its efficiency. With a focus on minimum carbs and high-fat foods, a keto diet can benefit the body in various ways. For one, it’s useful for those who are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Small fuel molecules in our body are called “ketones”, which also serve as an energy source in the event that your blood sugar (glucose) is in short supply.
What a keto diet does to your body is interesting: your body runs mostly on fat when your sugar (insulin) levels are drastically reduced. Got a couple of pounds to shave off? A ketogenic diet is what you should embark on.
What specific foods should you consume on a keto diet? As long as your carb intake is below 50g per day of net carbs, you’re good to go. Keep high-carb and starchy foods at bay, including pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, and even sugar-laden or high-calorie drinks such as beer, soda, and juice.
If you don’t have the time to commit on a keto diet, fret not. ShopandBox these granola, cereal, snacks and even beverages that are keto-friendly:
Granola & Cereal
- Maple Pecan Chocolate Granola, Sola, USD9.95, + Add To Wishlist: Granola can be low-sugar and equally as delicious as well. This protein-rich granola from Sola has maple pecan clusters that are perfect served with yogurt or milk.
- Dark Chocolate Macadamia Granola, Elan, USD12.99, + Add To Wishlist: Another granola brand to add to your keto diet list is Elan’s natural granola. Made with zero processed sweeteners, it’s packed with macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, almonds and crushed cacao beans.
- Cereal – Variety Pack (4 Boxes), Magic Spoon, USD39, + Add To Wishlist: With just 3g net of carbs per serving, Magic Spoon’s cereal is gluten-free, grain-free, non-GMO and high in protein. It is also low in sugar (cane sugar, corn syrup or sugar alcohol) yet tastes amazing.
- Cinnamon Spice Hot Cereal, Highkey, USD13.96, + Add To Wishlist: This breakfast-ready cereal is low-carb and naturally sweetened with erythritol, monk fruit extract and stevia extract so that you can indulge in great taste without slowing down.
- Tortilla Style Protein Chips, Quest Nutrition, USD17.99, + Add To Wishlist: Packed with 20g of protein and 3g of net carbs, these baked chips are made with high-quality whey and milk protein isolates. It is also gluten- and soy-free for those who are sensitive to celiac.
- Sugar-Free Organic Lollipop Canister – Pack of 3, Koochikoo, USD24, + Add To Wishlist: What we like about Koochikoo’s organic lollipops is that it has a special prebiotic fibre base, making it a sweet as cane sugar. Indulge in these sweet and sour sugar-free candies that’s also non-GMO and free of artificial colours and flavouring.
- Keto Snack Mix, Ketofarms, USD24.95, + Add To Wishlist: Got the munchies? Snack on Ketofarms’ Tomato Pepperjack—a nom-worthy low-carb snack of grape tomatoes, spicy pepperjack cheese, sprouted almonds and sprouted organic walnuts.
- Keto Cookies, Fat Snax, USD12.99, + Add To Wishlist: Curb your sugar cravings with Keto Cookies from Fat Snax. It’s low in carb and made of almond flour, butter, coconut flour—altogether 8g of fat, zero sugar, and 1-2 net carbs.
- Sprouted Pili Nuts with Raw Cacao, Pili Hunters, USD6.99, + Add To Wishlist: Instead of regular nuts to snack on, try pili nuts! Known as the “keto nut”, this South Asian native is high in energy, fat and protein. Best part? It’s a superb source of magnesium and phosphorus.
- Keto Coffee, Ketofarms, USD21.95, + Add To Wishlist: Jazz up your caffeine routine with this fat-fueled latte. It is made with single-origin coffee, Irish grass-fed butter, pure coconut oil and MCT oils, a hint of vanilla and sea salt for electrolytes.
- Chicken Sriracha Bar, Epic Provisions, USD30, + Add To Wishlist: Protein bars are now on a whole new epic level with Epic Provisions’ Chicken Sriracha Bar with only 13g of muscle meat protein. Throw in a custom sriracha spice blend and you’ll find a nom-worthy snack with a spicy kick.
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
Featured image: Magic Spoon Cereal