If you thought weighted blankets are a marketing gimmick (like gazillion-thread-count sheets, you get the gist)—you’d be surprised to know that there are some health benefits to it. Fun fact: Therapists have been using weighted blankets for years to treat patients with certain disorders. Weighted blanket therapy has been used as a form of non-drug, sensory therapy for those with ADD/ADHD, autism, PTSD, and even sleep disorders.
But it wasn’t only until recently that this bedroom addition achieved popularity with the masses. One of the first few brands that pioneered this novelty was Gravity—making handmade high-quality weighted blankets a thing since mid-2017. Crafted from 100% certified organic Spanish cotton, these blankets are criss-crossed with many square panels filled with glass micro beads for even weight distribution.
Images credit to Baloo
Weighted blankets have fillings of different variations, including glass beads, plastic pellets and the like. If you are wondering how heavy a weighted blanket should be, just know that it should ideally weigh at around 10% of the sleeper’s bodyweight. This will ensure that discomfort is kept at a minimum, while still getting wiggle room beneath the blanket.
Below, we’ve compiled a few popular weighted blankets from USA and UK that you can ShopandBox with the help of our Boxers.
ShopandBox these weighted blankets:
- Big Red Plaid Mosaic Weighted Blanket, Mosaic, from USD179.95, + Add To Wishlist: Mosaic’s blankets are customised according to your height and weight—extra points for that personalised touch. All blankets are filled with 100% new, BPA-free, hypo-allergenic, FDA compliant plastic pellets; while the exterior part are made of comfortable cotton and poly fill.
- Weighted Blanket – Tsum Tsum, Sensacalm, from USD89.95, + Add To Wishlist: Sensacalm’s seriously cute blankets are made for kids and tweens with a soft spot for cartoon characters. This Tsum Tsum model is our favourite for obvious reasons. This blanket is machine washable and dryable as well.
- Gravity Anxiety Blanket, Gravity Blankets, from GBP149, + Add To Wishlist: Gravity’s bestselling blanket is great for those with allergies, thanks to cuddly covers that are hypoallergenic and made in Poland from 100% soft velour. Even the glass beads inside the blanket are sustainably and well-made; produced in the Czech Republic and consist of 85% silicon dioxide (SiO2) and sodium oxide (Na2O).
- Weighted Blanket, Baloo, from USD169, + Add To Wishlist: Baloo’s blankets are chic to boot, with quilted stitching to keep the weighted filling securely in place. The cotton cover is made of premium, breathable cotton certified by the Oeko-Tex 100 standard and is free of harmful chemicals as well.
- Cooling Weighted Blanket, BlanQuil Chill, USD249, + Add To Wishlist: If a weighted blanket sounds like an oven to you, fret not. Use BlanQuil Chill’s weighted blanket that is made of super breathable, moisture-wicking fabric—designed to disperse body heat for a cooler experience. Get into your cocoon and feel an instant chill without the stuffiness within the first 15 minutes.
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
Featured image: PopSugar