Korean skincare and cosmetics are a huge industry in and out of Korea, so it’s only normal if you feel overwhelmed from the endless amount of brands available in the market. But fret not, this post will serve as an elementary guide to Korean eyeshadows that are crowd favorites with equally good color payoff.
If you are an avid subscriber to YouTube makeup tutorials, you might have come across Pony aka the Michelle Phan of Korea. Pony has a huge following and she too has her own makeup line called Pony Effect. Her videos are informative and she uses a variety of cosmetic brands in each of her tutorial. One of my favorite tips from her is how to achieve a more defined and symmetrical double eyelid (video below).
I’ve also attached to more tutorials that will be helpful for those with monolids, including a tutorial that offers a gentle but effective way to remove your eye makeup (with cotton swabs).
How to create symmetric double eyelids (start at 1:49min)
Removing eye makeup steps (start at 0:47min)
ShopandBox our favourite Korean eyeshadows:
- Idol Lash Adhesive (Clear Type), Aritaum, KRW3,000, + Add To Wishlist
This one is for a more defined double eyelid look as the tutorial above suggested or it can be used as a regular eyelash glue.
- Eyeshadow Exclusive, Espoir, KRW15,000, + Add To Wishlist
Hello Gent #16 is one of their newest colors and the dark green would make a great smoky eye look.
- Plush Eyeshadow, Bbia, KRW7,000, + Add To Wishlist
If you are thinking of trying out red eyeshadows, Bbia #8 would make a good entry-level hue as the color is subtle yet buildable to create a more dramatic look.
- Velvet Fit Cushion Eyeshadow, Beauty People, KRW9,000, + Add To Wishlist
This is a semi cream eyeshadow that promises to be non-flaky, non-creasing and waterproof. It can be applied on your cheeks as well! My color pick would be ‘Hazelnut Tea’ and ‘Coconut Ade’.
- Mono Eyes, Aritaum, KRW5,000, + Add To Wishlist
Aritaum has a wide range of eyeshadows and if you are looking for something fun and glittery for the day, perhaps you can try #93 which is a beautiful orange hue.
- Cream Shadow, Pony Effect, KRW18,000, + Add To Wishlist
This cream shadow comes in a pot and has great color payoff. The higher price point makes it worth investing it for its excellent quality. My favourite colour, #Heartwarming would make a beautiful natural makeup look.
- Pro Tinted Eye, Clio, KRW14,000, + Add To Wishlist
This is another cream-based shadow but it comes with an easy-to-use brush applicator. Pick #6 Sweet Pearl if you just want a subtle glow to your daily eye makeup look.
- Long Wear Eye Crayon, 3ce, KRW15,000, + Add To Wishlist
3CE’s bestselling eye crayon comes in a pencil shape with a twist cap cream. Its texture can be used on its own or blended with other powdered shadows.
- Mood Recipe Triple Shadow, 3ce, KRW21,000, + Add To Wishlist
This is my favorite from the loot because there are 3 eyeshadows in one compact case which makes it easy to store and bring along in your makeup bag. Plus, the shades are wearable from day to night too.
- I’m Eyeshadow Palette, I’m Meme, KRW30,000, + Add To Wishlist
This eyeshadow palette has all the neutral, earthy tones that you’d need for a simple everyday look, to a more dramatic, evening-appropriate eye makeup look.
- VDL Expert Eye Colour Book Pantone 17, VDL, KRW48,000, + Add To Wishlist
This is a limited edition palette inspired by the Pantone color of the year 2017. It usually sells out in a jiffy, so fastest fingers first.
- That Girl Eyeshadow Palette, Pony Effect, KRW27,000, + Add To Wishlist
This palette is for the girl about town who loves nothing but bright colors and glittery pigments. Best part? It is currently on 40% discount!
Get Started in less than 10 seconds
- Simply click on the “Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
Featured image source: Vogue Girl Korea