Upon getting engaged and successfully getting my closest girlfriends to say YES to joining my bridal party, I wanted to throw a celebratory get-together. The idea of an indoor picnic sounded perfect in our humid tropical climate. Selecting a theme wasn’t difficult – I’ve always loved tropical themed parties with flamingo motives, and this was the perfect occasion to host my own.
If you’re a bride-to-be (congrats!) who is planning to “propose” to your girlfriends to be part of your big day, this flamingo-inspired bridesmaid-only picnic will seriously have them saying “yes!” upon arrival.
With a little help from Boxer Yan of USA, here’s my list of 10 Flamingo party must-haves to ShopandBox from the US.
The setup was laid-back and casual as I wanted my girlfriends to feel right at home. I paired Wittybash’s Flamingo Napkins with a coral-coloured paper plate, wooden cutleries, and completed the set with Flamingo Straws from Fun Express. Echoing the tropical theme, watermelon popsicles made from Zoku Classic Pop Molds were part of the spread alongside mini donuts, cheese, and fruits.
Drink Floaties are not just for pools, they make great party props too! This set of flamingo + palm tree floatie from Bando goes perfectly with the smaller flamingo party props. Another party must-haves are Piñatas, and I simply couldn’t pass on this watermelon one from Urban Outfitters. Completing the picnic setup were two soft-woven cotton throw pillows, also from Urban Outfitters. Finally, the jazz up the space, I included 36” gold foiled balloons spelled in “YAY”.
The (mini) beauty corner
As my girlfriends and I often have discussions about skincare, I thought this would be the perfect occasion to introduce some of my favourite beauty products to them and to sample new finds. Alongside old favourites are Glossier’s Cloud Paint blusher and Herbivore Botanical’s Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist. The former definitely lived up to it’s hype—the gel-like formula blends in seamlessly on the skin and instantaneously brightens up ones complexion. The latter worked well as a mid-party make up perk-me-up and we loved the refreshing scent.
ShopandBox Charlene’s flamingo-themed party essentials here:
- Flamingo Napkins, Wittybash, USD6.5, + Add To Wishlist
- Flamingo Straws, Fun Express, USD4.45, + Add To Wishlist
- Classic Pop Molds, Zoku, USD14.99, + Add To Wishlist
- Drink Floaties, Ban.do, USD15, + Add To Wishlist
- Mini Watermelon Piñata, Urban Outfitters, USD10, + Add To Wishlist
- Winky Embroidered Pillow, Urban Outfitters, USD39, + Add To Wishlist
- Magical Thinking Good Vibes Pillow, Urban Outfitters, USD34, + Add To Wishlist
- Gold Letter Party Balloon, Urban Outfitters, USD6, + Add To Wishlist
- Cloud Paint Blusher, Glossier, USD18, + Add To Wishlist
- Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist, Herbivore Botanicals, USD32, + Add To Wishlist
Read more of Charlene’s (@DearChar_) tips on throwing amazing parties here:
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
Featured image: DearChar_