If you thought that facial oils cause nothing but breakouts on your skin (especially if you’ve got combination/oily skin), you’ve got it all wrong from day one – facial oils actually have wealth of benefits that can keep your skin vibrant and flawless. Facial oils have an extensive history dating back to 40,000 years ago, with Egyptians using plant-based oils for their face and even as a form of payment.
There’s a difference between a variety of oils, whether argan or coconut, but most botanical oils have potent antioxidants and an ability to pass through the fatty layer of the skin easily, hence making your skin plump with moisture. Another fun fact about facial oils is that it actually helps active ingredients in your serums/essences/creams to absorb deep into the skin without irritating the surface. If celebrities such as Charlize Theron and Catherine Zeta-Jones swear by the brilliance of argan oil, it’s probably high time you start adding this to your beauty routine!
1. Kopari Coconut Sheer Oil, USD44, + Add To Wishlist: While coconut oil has been used for hair thanks to its restorative proteins and vitamin E, it’s also an excellent source of fatty acids such as Lauric, Capric and Caprylic acids – all useful as an acne-reducing remedy. Kopari’s 100% natural and organic coconut oil will keep your skin in check without unnecessary artificial ingredients.
2. Farsali Rose Gold Elixir, USD54,+ Add To Wishlist: USA-based beauty brand Farsali’s gold ‘elixir’ is actually made of rosehip seed oil, pumpkin seed oil, 24k gold, vitamin E, orange peel oil, and lemongrass oil. A favourite with beauty influencers, this lightweight moisturiser has anti-ageing and tissue-regenerating properties. Mix it with your favourite foundation (that 24k gold comes in handy to achieve a radiant glow) or use it as a hydrating primer.
3. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil, USD48, + Add To Wishlist: This is perhaps the cult favourite of celebs and beauty bloggers alike – Josie Maran’s Moroccan argan oil probably started the facial oil craze in the market years back. Argan oil has a chockful of healing and repairing properties (from Vitamin E and fatty acids), and can be used on your hair, skin, feet, nails and even for baby’s skin.
4. Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil, USD72, + Add To Wishlist: If you haven’t heard of Marula oil, here’s a good reason why you should – it has a lot of antioxidants and omega fatty acids to restore the youthful glow in your skin. Extracted from the “pip” of the Marula fruit, it’s cold-pressed via water extraction to ensure that the oil stays fresh longer. Virgin Marula Oil is also anti-microbial and perfect for all skin types.
5. Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Facial Oil, USD72, + Add To Wishlist: Bet you haven’t seen a blue-hued facial oil in your life! Herbivore Botanical’s azure oil is named after Lapis Lazuli, an Egyptian precious stone that’s famous for its colour. But the standout ingredient in this oil is Azulene, an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial that helps reduce redness and clarify the complexion.
6. Laura Mercier Infusion De Rose Nourishing Oil, USD62, + Add To Wishlist: This fast-absorbing oil from Laura Mercier can be blended with any moisturiser for an extra boost of hydration. Its blend of sunflower, rosehip and macadamia oils make it a fast-absorbing product that you can use for your skin, hair and nails as well.
Get Started in less than 10 seconds:
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!