With its wonderfully witty, tongue-in-cheek labels and pretty peach packaging, Go-To rises above and beyond the melange of other natural skincare brands by skipping the unwanted chemical jargon and making honest and fuss-free organic products.
Established in 2013 by Australian beauty editor and author Zoë Foster Blake, Go-To provides effortless, eco-friendly skin care with no hidden nasties— just full of glow-boosting, radiance-enhancing, and naturally hydrating ingredients. The brand’s earth-friendly ethos, cruelty-free formulations, and cleverly transparent marketing earned itself an international cult following, gracing the pages of Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Cosmopolitan, with products lauded as a ride-or-die by many celebrities, beauty gurus, bloggers, and editors.
We chat with the Go-To team to hear all about the brand’s cleverly curated, all-natural skincare line and why it deserves a permanent place in your skincare routine.
Image source: Provided by Go-To
1. Tell us more about how Go-To was created
Go-To was founded in Australia by beauty editor (and adorable know-it-all) Zoë Foster Blake. Zo had spent years using and reviewing all types of skin care products, and receiving feedback from women about what worked, what didn’t worked and what was just straight-up confusing.
Go-To makes products that are packed full of natural, pure and powerful ingredients. We want to ensure your skin is healthy, happy and glowing but we also want to make sure you don’t take it too seriously. Skin care should be fun and we want our customers to enjoy looking after their skin and have a bloody good time while doing so.
2. Are Go-To products suitable for ladies of all ages and skin types?
Every skin type, at any age needs anti-oxidants, hydration and exfoliation which our products are (conveniently!) packed full of. We strongly favor anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory plant and nut oils like Buriti oil, coenzyme Q10, vitamin C, rosehip oil, the amla berry etc, etc. Go-To products are free of chemical irritants and won’t irritate the skin, and in fact, can soothe irritated skin, so they are a great place to start for anyone of any age.
3. Why has the brand continued to advocate for cruelty-free and ethically sustainable skincare?
We are cruelty-free because it’s the right thing to do. None of our products or ingredients have ever been (or will ever be) tested on animals. Except Zoë, and she’s totally cool with it.
4. Can you tell us about Go-To’s bestseller?
Easy! Face Hero is our ‘cult product’ and jewel in the crown. An all-in-one face oil that nourishes, protects, soothes, revitalizes AND brightens the skin. Loaded with essential fatty acids, vitamins and anti-oxidants, it is good for (and helps) every skin type, age and issue.
Image source: Go-To Instagram
5. What is the most rewarding thing working for an eco-friendly skincare brand such as Go-to?
Our day is made every time we hear that Go-To has helped a customer. Sometimes the changes are smaller, they can wear less makeup or feel more confident day-today. And sometimes they are big, monumental changes, like banishing year-long struggles with rosacea or acne. Every customer success story makes us happy, a really big, kind of happy.
6. Most important skincare advice you can give our Shoppers?
It’s simple and unexciting, but essential: Look after your skin! Nourish it! Keep it clean! Invest in it! Learn to love it!
Image source: Go-To Instagram
Give our team of Aussie Boxers a buzz to ShopandBox Go-To’s fabulously organic and positively cruelty-free skincare line. Check out our list of faves below or take a peek at their selection of gift sets such as the ‘Everydaysies’, ‘The Lot’, and ‘Bestselleries’— which all come with a perfectly peach cosmetic bag.
ShopandBox these must-have Go-To products!
- Exceptionoil, Go-To, AUD51, +Add to Wishlist
- Exfoliating Swipeys, Go-To, AUD46, +Add to Wishlist
- Face Hero, Go-To, AUD45, +Add to Wishlist
- Lips!, Go-To, AUD15, +Add to Wishlist
- Pinky-Nudey Lips!, Go-To, AUD17, +Add to Wishlist
- Properly Clean, Go-To, AUD31, +Add to Wishlist
- Very Useful Face Cream, Go-To, AUD41, +Add to Wishlist
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!