Now that ShopandBox has got global DHL shipping rates for our Boxers from 21 countries to ship you your products anywhere you are at in the world, it’s only apt that we start shining the spotlight to our Boxer cities – from USA and Sweden to Thailand and Hong Kong.
This week, our Boxer spotlight is Boxer Surabhi. Based in Mumbai, Boxer Surabhi is a freelance makeup artist by day and an avid shopping expert slash Boxer by night time. We had a quick chat with her to find out where her favourite shopping spots are and why she choose to be part of the ShopandBox community:
How did you decide to become a Boxer?
I actually tried ShopandBox as a customer and loved the whole shopping experience. I then wrote to the team to ask if they were looking for a Boxer based in India, and here I am now! Personally I am always shopping for my friends abroad, so I do find joy in being a Boxer here.
Shopping insider tips for Shoppers who are interested?
The must-have Indian buys have got to be the apparel, home decor, jewellery, Ayurvedic skincare and traditional/vintage artifacts. My go-to places to shop here in Mumbai are:
1. Fabindia: A fashion version of Etsy based in India, this platform links over 55,000 craft-based rural producers to modern urban markets. You can find a variety of products, from women’s and men’s apparel to furniture and organic food on Fabindia.
2. The Bombay Store: Decorate your home with classic Indian handicraft and knick-knacks for a touch of historical significance. The Bombay Store offers everything you need for gifts and home decor additions -tissue box and cushion covers, wall accessories, marble trinkets, etc.
3. Anokhi: If you’re a lover of traditional textiles that are expertly-dyed and designed, Anokhi is your best bet to beautiful apparel.
4. Curio Cottage: An Indian ensemble is not complete without jewellery, and this store offers works of art that cover a wide range, from Victorian inspired to ethic Indian designs.
5. Aquamarine: Another jewellery store to add to your checklist is Aquamarine – semi-precious pieces are up for grabs, both unique and intricate altogether.
6. Amrapali Jewels: But if luxury jewels are your favourite, Amrapali (founded in 1978) has a vast range of modernly crafted accessories that might appeal to you. Its Bollywood and fashion runway collaborations have also made it a well-rounded and noteworthy jewellery house.
Mumbai, also know as India’s City of Dreams, is a major shopping paradise for enthusiastic shopaholics. If you ever drop by to this sprawling culture-rich city, be sure to check out flea markets and shopping bazaars (Colaba Causeway – the culture square, Zaveri Bazaar for sparkling gems, Chor Bazaar for antique/vintage finds) along with fashion-filled spots (Fashion Street – clothing and trinkets, Linking Road – niche to high-end fashion).
But if you’re not planning to make a trip here anytime soon, check out Boxer Surabhi’s shopping recommendations on her Boxer page and feel free to add anything into your ShopandBox wishlist!
Get Started in less than 10 seconds:
- Sign in/sign up to your ShopandBox account.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist.
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!