For our avid Australian shoppers who are planning your next winter getaway amidst the ski fields/resorts of Thredbo or Mount Buller, you’re probably already embarking on your snow gear and winter apparel shopping anytime now. You’re just in luck, because today’s all about getting the best bang for your buck – all the way from the USA!
While you’re welcoming cooler temperatures this time of the year, our fine folks in the USA are throwing massive summer sales right now that are practically made for the likes of you. This means that you can save a lot by ShopandBox-ing winter gear and apparel from the States, with online stores such as Backcountry and Evo offering excellent deals on outerwear, accessories, and equipment that you’d need for your winter vacay.
When we say that you can save a lot, we’re talking discounts of up to 50% on a North Face jackets, 40% off Burton Snowboards, and USD60 off Oakley goggles! Firstly, here’s a list of five online stores you can check out for our Boxers to shop for you:
2. Burton: Burton doesn’t actually ship outside of the USA except for Canada, Europe and Japan (all of which have its own online stores), so our Boxers can help you out with your winter necessities.
3. Columbia: Columbia’s winter sales this time of the year are not one to be missed – you can get a full-zip fleece jacket at only USD24 (original price USD60), and even a pair of Omni-Heat winter boots at USD89 from USD120.
4. Evo: Currently offering 40% sitewide as part of its 4th of July sales, Evo is an awesome e-store to shop from for its unbelievable variety of brands that it carries. Also check out its outlet store for even better deals (up to 70% off, anyone?)
5. U.S Outdoor: The winter clearance snowboard/ski sales at U.S Outdoor make it super affordable if you need to get yourself new bindings, boots, helmets, poles and more. You can get discounts on brands such as North Face, Arcteryx, Burton Snowboards, Mountain Hardwear, Oakley, Salomon, Marmot, and Lib Tech.
ShopandBox some of the deals we’ve spotted across these stores here:
Wondering how much it costs to ShopandBox sizeable items such as a snowboard from USA to Australia? Here’s a guide on how you can save on international shipping fees:
Firstly, if you didn’t know already, ShopandBox offers special DHL 1-3 day shipping from US to Australia, and the best part about our rates is that it has decreased over the years. According to our post last year on shopping for winter gear, it costs USD160 to ship a bunch of snow gear that weighed 27kg to Australia – but now it costs USD149 for the same box, USD11 cheaper than last year!
The beauty about ShopandBoxing your winter gear is that since you are already paying for your box’s volumetric weight (v.w.), you can save more money by consolidating your box. In simpler terms, if your snowboard’s v.w. is 27kg but its actual weight is only 4kg, make full use of that extra 23kg by adding on other items such as snow boots, bindings, jackets and more without paying extra DHL fees.
Want to get that Lib Tech snowboard you’ve been eyeing for a week now? You can now get it at a discounted price, and it will reach your doorstep within 1-3 days! Not just that, throw in a sturdy Marmot jacket, Dakine backpack, Hestra mittens, and more without spending extra on shipping!
Get Started in less than 10 seconds:
- Sign in/sign up to your ShopandBox account.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist.
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!