Like Line in Japan and Whatsapp in Malaysia/Singapore, KakaoTalk is the most popular messaging app in South Korea with more than 93% of the smartphone users having this app in their devices. Similar to the idea of Facebook and Line stickers, KakaoTalk has a variation of themes that you can use along with Kakao Friends as emoticons if you will.
Featuring seven ultra-cute characters with individual personalities, Kakao Friends include a genetically-modified peach, a radish in a rabbit outfit and even a secret agent/hip-hop diva mole. Talk about bringing quirky cute to a whole new level!
Just three months ago, South Korea’s cosmetics brand VDL collaborated with Kakao Friends to release a special edition makeup line with these fancy personalities on the packaging/design. Find eyeshadow pots with Apeach peeking out from the lid and Neo (a blue cat with a wig) posing on a tube of perfumed hand cream.
Even better yet, our Boxers from Korea are able to get products from this cartoonized makeup line for you, just submit an order with these items and you’ll be assigned to your Boxer right away! This line includes mascaras, lipsticks, nail kits, make-up correctors and pencil contours among others. Prices range between KRW 8,000 to 32,000.
Get Started in less than 10 seconds:
- Sign in/sign up to your ShopandBox account.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days* wherever you are in the world!
*if you opt for DHL Express
Photo on home page credits to @vdl_cosmetics on Instagram