Sandwiched between Singapore and Thailand, Malaysia is the hidden jewel of Southeast Asia, best known for its smorgasbord of food, culture and nightlife that rivals its neighbouring countries. But apart from the skyscrapers (KLCC) and drool-inducing cuisine (Google Penang food and you know what we’re talking about), Malaysia also offers more than that with a thriving local community of designers, food brands and more.
Below, ShopandBox our favourite brands from Malaysia below:
If you love health snack options such as granola and nuts, try Amazin’ Graze’s unique assortment of snacks. After realizing there was a lack of healthy food options around, founder Amy Zheng wanted to make her very own, and Amazin’ Graze was born back in 2015. We’re loving the local-inspired flavours such as salted gula Melaka (palm sugar), pandan coconut and coconut curry lime leaf. Add some into your breakfast cereal or smoothie bowl for a yummy crunch.
- Salted Gula Melaka Granola, Amazin’ Graze, MYR18.9, + Add To Wishlist
- Pandan Coconut Nut Mix, Amazin’ Graze, MYR12.5, + Add To Wishlist
- Coconut Curry Lime Nut Mix, Amazin’ Graze, MYR12.5, + Add To Wishlist
Looking for a yoga mat that nobody has, but is still chic and well-designed? Go for Karyamats’ range of earth-friendly, eco-stylish mats that are made for fitness and fun. All mats are made of recyclable natural rubber with microfiber suede surface and are free of toxic materials. One we’re loving now is the Artist Edition—Teratai by Malaysian artist Shan Shan Lim, an eye-catching design inspired by local batik and flora.
- Teratai Yoga Mat, Karyamats, MYR350, + Add To Wishlist
- Trust The Journey, Karyamats, MYR285, + Add To Wishlist
- Flow – Charcoal, Karyamats, MYR215, + Add To Wishlist
Malaysia also has an exciting fashion scene with young independent labels taking centre stage with chic designs peppered with local influences. One of them is Ezzati Amira, known for her bold prints and masculine elements. This season, explore cool pieces such as a luxe jacquard top with a ruffled peplum waist for a statement-making look, or menswear-inspired pieces such as shirt dresses and loose jackets for an edgy twist.
- Striped Peplum Jacquard Top, Ezzati Amira, MYR460, + Add To Wishlist
- Deconstructed Shirt Dress, Ezzati Amira, MYR312, + Add To Wishlist
- Loose Jacket With Back Slit, Ezzati Amira, MYR264, + Add To Wishlist
Relatively new shoe brand Kulet is a popular label in Kuala Lumpur, known for its classic footwear choices that are perfect for any weekend. All shoes are made from vegan leather and come in a netural colour palette, from pale pink and beige-nude to coffee brown and olive green—all crafted to match a diverse range of skin tones whether fair or tan. Go with the Henri and Avery sandals for a casual Sunday out (the Avery is available for men as well!), or transition to the Maria flats for a dressier look.
- Henri Sandal Coffee, Kulet, MYR209, + Add To Wishlist
- Avery Sandal Black, Kulet, MYR189, + Add To Wishlist
- Maria Flat Sandstone, Kulet, MYR229, + Add To Wishlist
Love scents that aren’t your run-off-the-mill fragrances? Try Lilin+Co’s 100% premium soy wax candles that are eco-friendly and hand-poured in small batches, entirely made in Kuala Lumpur. Made with fragrance and essential oils with natural extracts, each candle is scented at a maximum for the strongest fragrance throw. Our favourites are the black tea lychee, creme brulee and lemongrass lime scents.
- Black Tea Lychee Candle, Lilin and Co, MYR65, + Add To Wishlist
- Creme Brulee Candle, Lilin and Co, MYR65, + Add To Wishlist
- Lemongrass Lime Candle, Lilin and Co, MYR65, + Add To Wishlist
We can’t decide which we love more about Wunderbath: It’s quirky yet absolutely cute designs, or that the line is vegan and cruelty-free—perfect for those with sensitive skin. Founded by a nutritionist-turned-entrepreneur in 2015, Wunderbath has everything from bath bombs, soaps, and body butters to lip stains, facial mists, and essential oils. The best part? You can actually custom make gifts for parties or birthdays, so add ’em to your cart now to have our local Boxers help you out!