With travel fever coming up, we talk to our Boxers, do loads of research and come up with a list of 25 innovative and clever travel gadgets and products to make your holiday a whole lot more enjoyable. World’s smallest washing machine, world’s first-cleaning water bottle, washable shoes? We’ve got you covered.
- Steamfast Mini Steam Iron, USD23.99, + Add To Wishlist: This steam iron is the size of a computer mouse and is so tiny, it can fit into the tightest hand-carry or luggage with no problems. With it being dual-voltage, a tiny footprint and quick heating up time, you’ll have the best wrinkle-free travel wardrobe.
- QuietOn Sleep Earbuds, EUR199, + Add To Wishlist: These minimalist looking earbuds are the accessories you definitely want to take on a flight or if you have a travel companion who snores. They are able to cancel out low frequency noises, something that average earplugs are unable to do.
- Scrubba Wash Bag, USD66.50, + Add To Wishlist: Save space in your luggage for shopping when you carry the “world’s smallest washing machine”. The Scrubba wash bag is great if you’re planning a hiking holiday, don’t have access to a washing machine or if you’re travelling with kids who are prone to needing a spare change (or two).
- Larq Bottle, USD95, + Add To Wishlist: This water bottle is gorgeous to look at, eco-friendly plus smart. How smart? It’s the “world’s first self-cleaning water bottle and water purification system”. It comes in two sizes (17oz and 25oz), a myriad of beautiful shades such as Obsidian Black and Himalayan Pink (check out their colour range here), and has even won a prestigious red dot 2019 design award.
- Hawatour Portable Travel Elastic Clothesline, USD9.99, + Add To Wishlist: The humble clothesline never gets more than a passing thought but with over 2000 positive reviews on Amazon, we knew this had to be included. One reviewer sums its up perfectly, “This clothline is one of those simple fixes that actually does what it claims to do. I am thrilled with it and highly recommend it. My camper bathroom is no longer cluttered with wet swimsuits that drip all over the floor! It also comes in a nice zipped case for storage, which is always appreciated in the tight confines of a camper!”
- Subtl Beauty Lip Cheek Stack, USD14, + Add To Wishlist: What if *gasp* you could actually leave your foundation, blush, eyeshadow palette, lipstick, bronzer, concealer at home when you travel? Subtl Beauty has the brilliant solution of customisable stacks where you can create your own stack of essential makeup. These stacks are tiny and can fit into the smallest handbag you have!
- Wellax Sandfree Beach Blanket, USD25.90. +Add To Wishlist: This buttery soft beach blanket is huge (it can fit 7 adults!) yet folds up compact and weighs less than 500grams. It is waterproof and best of all, repels sands so no annoying cleanup needed when you’re on vacation and spent the day sipping margaritas at the beach.
- Byta Bottle, USD31, +Add To Wishlist: This bottle isn’t just any water bottle; it has a double wall, is made from stainless steel (so drinks keep cool or warm for ages) and best of all, it has a silicon loop strap on the bottle cap for easy carrying. It can also be personalised!
- Grand Fusion Silicone Travel Straw and Brush, 3 pack, USD17.99, +Add To Wishlist: With many restaurants let alone countries banning plastic, having your own straw (as well as cleaning brush!) is an essential travel item. These straws are collapsible and fit into a convenient travel sized box.
- Grand Fusion Ice Bev Kooler V2.0, USD34.99, +Add To Wishlist: This 3-in-1 bottle is really smart and you’ll find yourself reaching for it, whether it’s for a camping trip, a day at the beach or even an urban holiday. It can act as a bottle insulator, a can insulator as well as an insulated bottle.
Wallets, Bags and Luggage
- P02 Pioneer Travel Wallet, USD129, + Add To Wishlist: The P02 Pioneer travel wallet is a versatile wallet that comes with a shoulder strap or attachment points to harness it to your belt/backpack. It has RFID protection capability so your credit cards don’t get messed with and ample storage for a smartphone, passport, cash and cards. It also includes a pen, notebook and a five function multitool – a chisel, a bottle opener, a 1/4″ hex socket, a flat head screw driver and a Phillips screw driver.
- Huckberry Bobby Duffel Anti-Theft Travel Bag, USD150, + Add To Wishlist: This travel bag makes the perfect handcarry. It is designed to deter pickpockets with a hidden zip closure as well as RFID protected pockets, lockable zippers and a cut-resistant exterior. It also has hidden pockets for you to stash your valuables, padded pockets to protect your laptop and tablet and at 30 liters, storage is not a problem. It can be carried as a duffel, shoulder bag or backpack.
- Pelican 1615TRVL Air Travel Case, USD419.95, + Add To Wishlist: For those who are super organised, the Pelican Air Travel Case will be a dream come true. It contains zippered compartments, see-through mesh pockets and packing cubes so you keep your belongings secure and neat.
- Rollux 2-in-1 Expandable Suitcase, USD349, + Add To Wishlist: Don’t you ever wish you just had to store one suitcase at home and not a myriad of different sized options? Well Rollux has the solution with its award-winning 2-in-1 expandable suitcase! It can be collapsed when not in use and can be used as either a hand carry (4L) or expand up to full-size at 93L when you’re done with all your shopping!
Clothing, Shoes and Accessories
- Rothy’s Camel Merino Pointed Toe Shoes, USD175, + Add To Wishlist: Washable shoes that come in breathable merino and a myriad of neutral tones to help bring you from day to night. Enough said!
- Hardvark Merino Wool Everyday Shirt, GBP115, + Add To Wishlist: A smart shirt that is lightweight, breathable, wrinkle resistant and odour resistant. This is the shirt that you’ll live in whether you’re on holiday or at home.
- Allbirds Men’s Tree Runners, USD9, + Add To Wishlist: Trainers that are lightweight, machine washable, eco-friendly and come in lots of colours. We saw droves of Shoppers order this via their US Boxers and knew this was a gem. With a great range for ladies and men, you’ll definitely find something that you’ll be wearing daily during your urban holiday.
- Baubax Men’s Sweatshirt 2.0, USD250, + Add To Wishlist: This soft cotton sweatshirt breaks new ground. If there is one clothing item you need when you travel, it’s this one. It has over 20 features such as a “passport pocket”, a built-in eye mask, an inflatable neck pillow and footrest and it looks really modern and chic too.
- Gogloo Video Camera Glasses, USD69.99, + Add To Wishlist: Capture your holiday memories with this pair of camera glasses which are unobtrusive yet offer UV protection and 1080p HD video camera quality.
Powerbanks, GPS Trackers and More
- GL.iNET Mini Travel Route, USD20.49, + Add To Wishlist: This pocket friendly router will ensure you stay on-the-grid during your travels. It offers a private secure network and costs less than USD21!
- Gallantry Ultra Rugged Lightning Nomad Battery Cable, USD49.95, + Add To Wishlist: A tough lightning cable for your apple products; this one is created with “military-grade 1000D ballistic weave nylon” and will withstand the wear and tear of being tossed around and daily usage.
- Trackimo 3G GPS Watch Tracker, USD289.99, + Add To Wishlist: Now on discount for less than USD140 (while stocks last!). This GPS watch tracker is one of those accessories that you will continue to use long after your holiday. It is able to track both indoors and outdoors and includes a SIM card loaded with 1 year international worldwide cellular service and no roaming fees.
- Primetracking Personal GPS Tracker, USD49.99, + Add To Wishlist: This portable GPS tracker is great if you and your party are split up or if you are travelling with kids or elderly people. It has a long-life battery and is able to give real time tracking and live location updates.
- Qi Wireless and Solar Power Charger, USD23.99, + Add To Wishlist: With over a 1000 positive ratings on Amazon, this portable wireless power bank is what you need on an active outdoorsy holiday. It can be charged by solar power and it is splashproof, dustproof, shockproof and even comes with an in-built flashlight and compass.
Watches & Nifty Gadgets
- Huckberry Carry On Cocktail Kit, USD24, + Add To Wishlist: If you’re the type who fancies a nightcap or you want to be prepared for an impromptu celebratory drink on the go, this carry on gin and tonic cocktail kit is for you!
- Luminox Navy SEAL Chronograph – 3581.BO, USD495, + Add To Wishlist: The Swiss made Luminox Navy Seal Chronograph watch is a pleasure to look at with its black rubber strap that comes stainless steel brushed. It also performs well and is water-resistant up to 200m.
- Smart RSQ 37 in 1 Credit Card Multitool Set, USD19.99, + Add To Wishlist: This credit card size tool is perfect for travelling and definitely a clever travel gadget. It might not be TSA compliant but you could easily slip it into your luggage and use it when you reach your destination. It has handy features like a fruit peeler, can and bottle opener plus smartphone stand.
- PowerWatch Series 2, USD599, + Add To Wishlist: This smartwatch goes beyond basic. It is charged by your body heat and/or solar power, can monitor your heart rate, do GPS location tracking, activity and sleep tracking and is even 200m water resistant too.
- Geekey Multi tool, USD22.99, + Add To Wishlist: This beautifully designed product will make your life infinitely better. Small, portable and designed to be carried with your keys, this TSA compliant product has 16 functions and doubles up as a bottle opener, wrench, screwdriver, scorer, ruler and file among many other useful features.
- CORI Pillow, SGD59, +Add To Wishlist: An amazing memory foam travel pillow that adapts and conforms to your neck. It supports your spine and neck guaranteeing that you’ll have the best flight ever. One reviewer even said he slept for 5hrs straight using the CORI Pillow.