When it comes to footwear that will never go out of style, there’s nothing as classic as a pair of ballet flats. A little history behind its existence: With roots that go all the way back to the 16th century, it was first worn by both men and women at that time. Later on, it went out of style when heels were made popular by the French, only to reclaim its glory in the 1950s. This was largely thanks to iconic shoe designer Rose Repetto, who made ballet flats wearable for the masses. Not to mention, Audrey Hepburn’s popular role in Funny Face gave it the It shoe status of the 1950s.
Also known as ballet pumps, these flats usually are made with a rubber sole and are available in various materials. It is also versatile and sleek enough to be worn for day to night, whether with denim jeans or a chic dress. Celebrities such as Diane Kruger, Victoria Beckham and Miranda Kerr are also fans of the ubiquitous shoe, spotted below:
Photo credits to Pinterest, HipGirlie and Just Jared
If you’re looking to invest in a pair of ballet flats for comfy strolls, we suggest French brands for its craftsmanship and timeless designs. Below, we take a look at how much three brands fare across the globe:
First off, you can’t go wrong with Chanel. Its most iconic design is the lambskin flats in beige and black cap toe—a staple in every fashion girl’s shoe cupboard. With a rather small and subtle heel, it offers comfort and class altogether, and rest assured it’ll never go out of style.
But if you like a snug fit by way of an elasticized collar, go for Lanvin’s Classic Ballet Flats. The oldest French fashion house is well-known for its range of shoes, and is a favourite of A-listers such as Reese Witherspoon, Kate Moss and Emma Stone.
Another classic we love is Repetto’s Cendrillon Ballerina—a less pricy option that also looks just as good. It imbues all the details inspired by its first pair from the 1947. Sporting a design that’s low-cut and trimmed with grosgrain, the ‘stitch and return’ technique developed by the founder herself is unique to the house. Sink your toes into the comfy sheepskin insoles and walk a mile in ’em.
As you can tell from the above prices, it is more affordable to ShopandBox Chanel ballet flats from Malaysia (thanks to the falling Ringgit); while you can opt to ShopandBox Lanvin and Repetto flats from France. Repetto is currently having major deals on its site, so get clicking away and submit your ShopandBox orders in time!
ShopandBox Chanel, Lanvin and Repetto ballet flats here:
- Chanel Lambskin Flats Beige & Black, Chanel, USD604, + Add To Wishlist
- Lanvin Classic Ballet Flats, Lanvin, USD459, + Add To Wishlist
- Repetto Cendrillon Ballerina in Taupe Nappa Calfskin, Repetto, USD136, + Add To Wishlist
Get started in less than 10 seconds here!
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- A personal Boxer will be assigned to you and will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
Featured image: Spotted Fashion