Melbourne-based beauty blogger Ashley Miriklis, also known as Ashley Maree, has an IG feed that’s #goals for anyone who loves 1) everything rose gold and 2) a beauty shelf that’s well-stocked to boot. Not only her Instagram handle is worth following for major flatlay inspo, but her blog and YouTube channel should be bookmarked as a useful resource on all things beauty related. Whether it is beauty reviews or shopping hauls that she’s unboxing, Ashley Maree is one makeup junkie that’s up-and-coming in the Australian beauty blogging sphere.
Below, we chat with the makeup influencer on how she kickstarted her journey in this field, along with current beauty obsessions she can’t get enough of:
1. Tell us more about yourself.
I’m about to enter the last semester at university, majoring in business marketing and I also work in retail part-time. When I’m not studying or working, I’m blogging on my personal blog, Ashley Maree Beauty.
2. Tell us how you became interested in beauty and makeup.
My mum has always been obsessed with makeup. She is seriously the cutest—always having a penchant for blue eyeliner, purple eyeshadow and pink lipstick. My dad would always go on business trips overseas and bring her makeup from Sephora (as we never had Sephora in Australia until recently) and that just grew on me.
3. What’s your beauty obsession?
My beauty obsessions would definitely be liquid lipsticks, especially in nude and dusty pink shades. I own about 90 similar shaded lipsticks (not even kidding, I wished I was kidding). Fashion wise, my followers obviously know my obsession with rose gold, blush and marble. My life pretty much revolves around this aesthetic, which has also translated to my lifestyle i.e. my fashion, style and interior decoration.
Image source: Ashley Maree
4. How did you find out about ShopandBox?
I found out about ShopandBox through friends. I love using ShopandBox to buy items that aren’t sold in Australia and are pretty much impossible to get unless you sell your soul on eBay. My first ShopandBox purchase was Becca Cosmetics Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Holiday Palette.
5. How many times have you used us?
If I am not mistaken I’ve used ShopandBox about 5 to 6 times now. I don’t use the same Boxer every time but every Boxer I have used so far has been so lovely and helpful.
6. Share with us one beauty practice or tip that you live by.
I always use bronzer or neutral coloured blushes as a crease colour. It is really handy for when you’re travelling and can only bring a few makeup items with you.
7. Whom do you follow on Instagram for great makeup tips, gorgeous flatlays and style tips?
Image source: Ashley Maree
8. What are the top 3 must-haves that you have in your makeup bag?
Liquid lipstick, eyebrow gel and facial spray.
9. What’s on your shopping wishlist this year?
My number one thing on my wishlist at the moment are these beautiful over-the-knee khaki boots from Aldo. I haven’t been able to find them anywhere in Australia. I’m also very keen for Too Faced’s Sweet Peach collection!
10. Which city do you live in and what’s your favourite suburb and why?
I live in Melbourne, Victoria. My favourite suburb is probably Brighton because it has the most beautiful beaches and cafes, and it’s just a lovely place to relax. Otherwise, I love the CBD for the nightlife and shopping.
Got a hot date this Valentine’s Day? Pull off a simple, Valentine’s Day makeup look tutorial as demonstrated by Ashley Maree below:
ShopandBox the products used in Ashley Maree’s Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial below:
- It Cosmetics Bye-Bye Under-Eye Concealer, USD24, + Add To Wishlist
- RCMA No-Color Powder, USD12, + Add To Wishlist
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer, USD14.99, + Add To Wishlist
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina, USD20, + Add To Wishlist
- Becca Cosmetics Champagne Glow Palette, USD38, + Add To Wishlist
- Huda Beauty Faux Minx Lashes in Camille, USD20, + Add To Wishlist
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Soft Brown, USD18, + Add To Wishlist
- Becca Cosmetics Champagne Collection Face Palette, USD52, + Add To Wishlist
Get Started in less than 10 seconds
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!