With the huge plethora of beauty products these days, coupled with snazzy branding, it can often be confusing for consumers to know what beauty products are really safe (safe enough to use while pregnant or breastfeeding) as well as good for you. We do some research and find nine beauty products that make the cut when we talk about “non-toxic” and “clean” but are also beneficial for your skin.
- Herbivore Botanicals Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Serum, USD54, +Add To Wishlist: Herbivore Botanicals have long been the darling of the non-toxic beauty industry and their jelly-like Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Serum promises to help erase fine-lines and wrinkles while injecting a hearty dose of hydration into your tired skin.
- Eminence Organic Skin Care Snow Mushroom & Reishi Masque, USD70, +Add To Wishlist: This luxurious masque uses snow and reishi mushrooms as well as paracress extract to purify, firm, tone and moisturise the skin. It is cruelty-free, organic, sulfate-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free and non-comedogenic so slather this on and wake up to beautiful plump skin.
- Nuori Lip Treat New York, USD29, +Add To Wishlist: Nuori’s berry-tinted lip balm is made with natural ingredients such as sweet almond, apricot oil and shea butter mean your lips are in for a decadent hydrating treat.
- Susanne Kaufmann Cleansing Milk, USD45, +Add To Wishlist: Susanne Kaufmann’s Cleansing Milk uses sugar to gently clean your makeup, oil and grime off your face. It also is gentle enough to keep your skin’s pH level neutral and is paraben-free and sulfate-free.
- Briogeo Farewell Frizz Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray, USD20, +Add To Wishlist: Briogeo has a cult-following and this conditioning spray which helps to protect against heat and frizz has many positive reviews with one reviewer saying “Forever holy grail product.”
- Pyunkang Yul Gift Set, KRW59,000, +Add To Wishlist: The Koreans are innovative when it comes to beauty and skincare and this clean beauty brand has earned points among those looking for simple, effective beauty products that are green and cruelty-free. This gift set houses Pyunkang Yul’s best-sellers and is a great introduction to the brand.
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Fermented BB Cream, KRW32,000, +Add To Wishlist: A BB cream that is natural, organic and goes on like silk? We’re in! Especially since it saves you time in the morning by combining moisturiser, sunblock and makeup into one.
- Klairs Youthful Glow Sugar Mask, KRW19,900, +Add To Wishlist: This 3-in-1 product from Korean favourite Klairs is a cleanser, exfoliater and mask in one. Klairs is the darling of the Korean green beauty industry and all their beauty products are winners.
- Then I Met You The Cleansing Duo, USD68, +Add To Wishlist: Formulated without parabens, artificial coloring and synthetic fragrances, this water-based and oil-based cleansing duo is guaranteed to leave your skin squeaky clean yet super soft. With hints of grapefruit, rosemary and persimmon, the scent alone is enough to relax you after a long day.