Beauty ‘grammer Esha from @industrial.beauty, like other influencers in the industry, has a day job that is a world’s apart from her obvious passion. As a colour finish materials specialist and industrial designer, she forecasts trends as part of her everyday occupation. The China-based makeup lover hails from India and isn’t shy about her obsession with colours, judging by her extensive IG feed that would pique the interest of any makeup enthusiast.
This week, we had a chat with the skilled beauty lover and her experience with ShopandBox. Find out what her beauty picks from USA are below, along with a sultry evening eye makeup tutorial you can DIY:
1. How did you become interested in makeup?
After working for five years as a Colour Finish Materials specialist and doing tonnes of research on trends and forecasting for fashion and lifestyle, it was an obvious inclination to get interested in makeup. My fascination started by being drawn to exceptional packaging details and materials used to make products look beautiful and appealing.
2. What is your beauty obsession?
Eyeshadows! I have to have all the latest palettes. Also foundations—I love experimenting with new ones all the time.
Image credits to Esha / @industrial.beauty
3. How did you find out about ShopandBox?
I found ShopandBox by chance while I was surfing the Internet, and out of desperation, I took a real leap of faith when I placed my first order as it cost me a lot of money and my job was not so secure at that time. I only had faith to place an order because I had an amazing Boxer (Penny) who was so transparent with everything.
4. Do share with us your ShopandBox experience.
I am placing a second order right now (currently awaiting item delivery to my Boxer). The first time round I got Penny as my Boxer and I chose to work with her for my second order as well. She is really very helpful, answers all questions and queries in detail, and never loses her patience no matter how many times I change the order up. Also, she has gone out of her way on both occasions to procure items which were out of stock.
5. Why do you use ShopandBox?
The main reason is because I live in China and nearly most makeup brands that are popular from across the world aren’t available here due to the country’s strict pro-animal testing laws, including my favourite brand Kat Von D.
6. Tell us something about a local beauty tip that everyone deserves to know about.
In India in the olden days, women used to make their own eye kohl with mustard flower oil and herbs. I actually tried making it myself once, and it was the best kohl I have used till date! Eye kohl is seriously the biggest secret to beautiful Indian eyes—it instantly makes you look sharper and more intelligent.
Image credits to Esha / @industrial.beauty
7. Whom do you follow on Instagram for great makeup tips and gorgeous flatlays?
8. What are the top three must-haves in your makeup bag?
Kohl (Kiko is my current favourite), Lolita (Kat Von D), and Maybelline Baby Lips.
9. What’s currently on your wishlist?
Skin Fetish and Dark Matter by Pat McGrath! Actually, I want everything from her makeup range but it is kind of out of my budget at the moment.
10. Are you a more of a makeup or skincare addict?
I’d say makeup— but I’ve started paying more attention to my skin also in the last year or so.
Get Esha’s dramatic, smoky eye from her tutorial:
ShopandBox Esha’s beauty picks from USA:
- Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation, Sephora, USD35, + Add To Wishlist
- Modern Renaissance Palette, Anastasia Beverly Hills, USD42, + Add To Wishlist
- Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder, Sephora, USD30, + Add To Wishlist
- Master Palette By Mario, Anastasia Beverly Hills, USD42, + Add To Wishlist
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick, Sephora, USD21, + Add To Wishlist
Follow Esha at her Instagram.
Get Started in less than 10 seconds
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
Featured image: Esha