This week, Instagrammer @DearChar_ shares with us part II of her #100DollarHauls that she left off a few weeks back. If you missed Part 1 (The Best of Aussie Homeware), check it out here but this week, let’s explore Seoul’s magical homeware and stationery scene with Charlene –
Stationery lovers and home aficionados may like to know that South Korea has more to offer than just beauty products. Thanks to ShopandBox, I hauled some pretty amazing stationery and homeware from home grown brands that are too good not to share! Read on to find out what I ShopandBoxed with $100 along with tips on how to easily shop from Korea. Not forgetting – a special promo code is up for grabs to help kickstart your Korea shopping wishlist!
- SooHyang Soy Candle 100g, 28,000won, + Add To Wishlist
- SooHyang Wax Tablet, 18,500won, + Add To Wishlist
- SooHyang Oversized Matches, 5,500won, + Add To Wishlist
As an avid candle collector, I’m pleasantly surprised to discover Korea’s own fragrance boutique – SooHyang. Named after its founder, the fragrance label offers unique candles, diffusers, and scented tablets in the most intricate packaging. I selected a soy candle in Itaewon 565 (one of their signature scents), a wax tablet in Raindrops, and their signature oversized matches to complete the collection.
PS: Happy to report that the scented candle and wax tablet are made with 100% soy wax, phthalate free fragrance oil and is safe for children and animals.
4. EcoBridge Pola Bear Stationery Set, 8,300won, + Add To Wishlist: Ecobridge creates lifestyle products that aim to connect people with their environment. This Polar Bear stationery set contains recycled paper pencils, an eraser, wooden pencil sharpener, and sticky memo pad that is simply too cute to resist. What’s more, everything produced uses recycled materials which is a plus for the environmentally aware.
5. Iconic Planner, 16,000won, + Add To Wishlist: No better time to start shopping for next year’s planner (and calendar). I chose this Iconic planner for the beautiful powder blue PU leather cover and practical inserts – there’s yearly, monthly and weekly planner pages to suit my different planning needs. The note pages, sticker sheets, and world map is an added bonus! View more options here.
6. Angulo Ceramic Dish, 6000won, + Add To Wishlist: This charming ceramic dish can be used to hold tidbits, jewelry or other bits and bobs in the household. It also comes in (a larger) serving plate size.
7. Laik Envelope, 12,320won, + Add To Wishlist: ithinkso was a delightful store to browse. They carry many leather items in minimalist shades of vintage mint, ivory, pale pink and navy. If you’re after classy envelopes, laptop holders or organizers, be sure to check their store out.
7. Osulloc Green Tea Milk Spread, 8,500won, + Add To Wishlist: Completing my Korea shopping haul is the Osulloc Green Tea Milk spread – easily a matcha lover’s dream come true! Apart from satisfying my matcha craving, I love that the spread is not overwhelmingly sweet and spreads well over toasts, waffles, crackers. The best way to eat it if you ask me? Just on it’s own.
Shopping from Korea is easier than you think
Shopping from an unfamiliar country can be quite intimidating, especially when you’re browsing sites in a different language. But even so, there’s no reason for it to get in the way of discovering local brands and the wonderful products they offer!
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of shopping from Korea
1. Use Google translate. It takes a bit of patience to shop from sites that are predominantly Korean, but the translation tool helps!
Shopandbox uses Paypal conversion rates. Keep a tab open with the currency conversion tool so you can easily check the won against your local currency. Good to know: Shopandbox uses Paypal conversion rates.
2. Shop from the many multi-label stores in Korea. You can practically buy everything from clothes, home and kitchen goods, stationery to even food from one store and save on shipping! Most of these user-friendly sites also come with “bestseller” sections and price filtering options to help you browse with ease. My favourites are 29cm, W Concept, and 10×10.
3. Consult your Boxer – when in doubt, ask a local. Boxer Jess who was handling my purchases was not only super efficient, but also made sure items are up to standards. One of the perks about having real-life personal Boxers to help you carry out your shopping needs is that they can also offer you recommendations on what you should get from the country you’re shopping from. So be sure to get their expert opinions!
Are you itching to shop from Korea already? Let us help with kickstarting that wishlist! Simply use the code DEARCHAR5 for USD5 off your order from Korea. This code is only applicable for Shoppers who ShopandBox from Korea and expires by 25 October 2016. The code can only be used once and is not stackable. Please apply it at Invoice 2 stage to enjoy your discount.
Get started in less than 10 seconds here
- Simply click on the ”Add To Wishlist” links above!
- This will automatically add the items into your ShopandBox wishlist after it prompts you to sign in/sign up.
- You can add as many items as you want into your wishlist (even items not mentioned above).
- Once you’re ready, simply select the items you want bought, name your order, and hit the “Submit Order” button.
- You will be assigned a personal Boxer who will help you buy all your coveted items.
- Your box of goodies gets shipped to your door in 1 – 3 days wherever you are in the world!
*Discount applicable on Invoice 2
**Valid for one-time use only and cannot be stacked with other on-going promotions.